Join Our Team
Board Of Directors, Committee Members, Staff
Board Of Directors
Health4Heroes Secretary serves as an Executive level Board Member, and provides administrative support through the timely and accurate collection and sharing of information directly related to Board activities. The Secretary ensures that the Board is well informed, and that its activities are well documented for the use of Board members and relevant government bodies.
Duties Specific to the Board Secretary:
Retains copies of the organization’s bylaws and the Board’s policy statements.
Keeps lists of officers, Board Members, and committee members.
Notifies Board Members of meetings, and keeps record of attendance.
Makes sure that there is a quorum at Board meetings (minimum number of Members required to make the proceedings valid).
Keeps accurate Minutes of meetings, records all motions and decisions, and signs Board Minutes to attest to their accuracy.
Distributes copies of Minutes and actions to Board Members promptly after...
If you have a deep personal interest in the Veteran & First Responder community, and possess the passion, leadership, skill, and time to expand Health4Heroes’ mission and its powerful impact on our Veterans, First Responders, and their families, we encourage you to become a candidate for the Health4Heroes Board of Directors.
Health4Heroes Board Members’ Legal Responsibility
As a member of the Board of Directors of Health4Heroes, I have a legal and ethical responsibility to ensure that the organization does the best work possible in pursuit of its goals.
I understand that as a Board Member, I have a duty of loyalty and obedience. I support Health4Heroes mission and pledge my commitment in carrying out the Health4Heroes mission, and will consistently act responsibly and prudently.
I understand that my legal, fiscal and moral responsibility requires me to:
Maintain attendance at 75% of all monthly Board meetings (nine of 12 annually).
Actively participate in one or more committees (e.g.,...more
Staff- Local Area Leadership
- Oversee the successful publication of our quarterly newsletter utilizing volunteer team members.
- Coordinating participation at relevant community outreach events.
- Work to bring awareness around the services and programs we offer.
- Manage and create communications with Mailchimp.
Committee Member Expectations
• Attend and participate in regular Fundraising Committee meetings.
• Members will actively participate in the Fundraising Committee by:
•Providing enough time during the year to support Health4Heroes’ goals
•Attending at least 70% of regularly scheduled meetings (approx. 7/10 per year)
• Providing feedback and contributing ideas as needed • Taking on tasks from the fundraising plan
• Communicate effectively with team through email.
• Respond to emails within 2-3 days.
• 4-8 hours per month (include meeting and outreach events)
• Attend Monthly or Bi-monthly Committee meetingsmore